
"I will conclude with the crisis on Ukraine on Thursday the 22nd of September in the morning, the French Minister of Europe and foreign affairs will preside over a ministerial meeting of the Security Council on Ukraine with a particular focus that will be placed on impunity and justice," Riviere said during a press briefing.
The ambassador explained that the meeting will touch upon all of the parameters of the Ukraine crisis.
France is presiding with the UN Security Council during the month of September and has signaled being interested in discussing the situation in Ukraine. Upon Russia’s request, the UN Security Council will also hold a meeting on September 6, focusing on the situation in and around the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant.
"We should not count on gas coming via Nord Stream 1 during winter," he told a press conference in Berlin.
"The president’s been clear we’re not going to have US troops involved in the war in Ukraine, so I see no role for the United States in creating a demilitarized zone around that [Zaporizhzhia] power plant," Kirby told Bloomberg TV in an interview. "We do want there to be such a demilitarized zone around that plant."
"Of course, there is a lot more to do, my team is staying on, and most importantly, we are establishing a continued presence by the IAEA here," Grossi said in a video published on Twitter.
"We were able in these few hours to gather a lot of information. The key things I wanted to see, I saw," Rafael Grossi noted.
"In my opinion, this is completely absurd," Novak told reporters when asked about G7 plan to place a cap on the Russian oil.
On Monday, IAEA Director General Rafael Grossi said that the mission will arrive at the ZNPP this week.
"According to the information I have from sources close to [Ukrainian President Volodymyr] Zelensky, the people who participated in the attempt to seize the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant were trained by the British and Polish intelligence services and literally returned to Ukraine through Odesa in late August," Rogov told Sputnik.
"In the early hours of today, five more ships loaded with grain left Ukraine. Shipments are being carried out in accordance with the plan, under control of the Joint Coordination Center (JCC)," the ministry wrote on Twitter.
On July 22, Russia, Ukraine, and Turkey signed an UN-brokered initiative to provide a humanitarian maritime corridor for ships with food and fertilizers from Black Sea ports. Three key Ukrainian ports — Odessa, Chernomorsk, and Yuzhnoe — were unblocked to resume the exports. A joint coordination center was set up to monitor the implementation of the initiative, including ensuring that cargo ships do not carry unauthorized goods or personnel.
On August 31, the JCC said that more than 1,5 million tonnes of grain and other food products had already left Ukraine.
"We certainly fear provocations from the Ukrainian side, given that completely barbaric provocative shelling does not stop. We see this. Other attempts are being made to destabilize the situation. But, as before, we are waiting for this mission and are ready to cooperate, and we are interested in this mission's arrival at the plant," Peskov told reporters.
"As requested by the EU parliament, already we are looking at price caps and what is possible and we have some technical seminars and exchanges … for example for import of gas from Russia, there are price caps within the EU, the wholesale prices caps or the retail market price caps which member states are already applying so we are looking at all possibilities," the official said.
The mission’s arrival at the nuclear plant is delayed by three hours, the news agency added.
"We expect objectivity. Although all the others who are involved in this visit in one way or another, with its preparation and attempts to make it difficult, they clearly do not want the IAEA mission to draw objective conclusions," Lavrov said during a meeting with students, adding that Russia takes all measures to ensure safety at the ZNPP and let IAEA experts do their work.
On Wednesday, the EU member states reached a political agreement to suspend the EU-Russia visa facilitation deal and agreed to prepare recommendations on what to do with the existing visas to Russians.
"I believe that in response to these Schengen walls that are now being built, we do not need to close, we do not need to take reciprocal measures, collectively punish citizens of European countries," Lavrov said during a meeting with students.
"According to the latest information, they [IAEA experst] passed the Vasilivka checkpoint, and we are expecting them in the city of Energodar in an hour," the official told reporters.
Vladimir Rogov, a member of the main council of the regional administration, in turn, said that the mission is currently at the checkpoint in Novoaleksandrovka, adding that the convoy has been stopped 20 kilometers (12.4 miles) to the front line.
"We have something to tell. We, the public, the city authorities, as well as the management of the nuclear power plant, representatives of Rosatom, want to meet with Grossi and discuss with him issues related to safety, the functioning of the nuclear power plant," the administration's head told reporters.
The official also expressed the hope that the international watchdog will deliver an objective and impartial assessment of the situation at and around the NPP.
The risk of supply disruption is very strong and even getting stronger, the official added during a meeting of a subcommittee of the EU parliament on energy.
"As a result of the fire damage caused by the Russian armed forces, the two self-propelled barges with tactical landing forces of the Ukrainian armed forces were sunk," the department said.
"The situation is quite clear: the Zaporozhye NPP has been controlled by the Russian forces since March. It is the largest nuclear facility consisting of six reactors with a total capacity of 6,000 megawatt … According to the scientists, if the storage is destroyed by bombing, the damage will be possibly worse than after the Chernobyl disaster, and the radioactive track may reach the northern coast of Turkey," Yerkhov told Turkish newspaper Yeni Safak.
"According to preliminary and so far unconfirmed information, due to the shelling of ... [Ukraine] the 5th power unit was switched off at the Zaporozhye NPP — emergency protection was triggered," Rogov wrote on Telegram, adding that backup power supply line was damaged.
One blast occurred about 100 meters from a kindergarten.



