PARLIAMENTARY COMMISSION LIKELY TO DISCOVER BESLAN MYSTERIES IN EARLY OCTOBER

Subscribe
VLADIKAVKAZ, September 24 (RIA Novosti) - The parliamentary commission in charge with the investigation into the circumstances of the Beslan hostage-taking will produce its findings in early October, head of the commission Alexander Torshin told reporters.

On Thursday the commission had carried on questioning witnesses of the tragedy, the press service of the upper house of the Russian parliament had reported previously.

Special mailboxes where local people were to put their written accounts of what had happened and proposals to the commission were opened, all messages were accounted for. Only two of the messages were signed, others were anonymous, Torshin said. According to him, the members of the commission are reading their way through a pile of the paper now.

The commission's telephone hot line has received 127 calls, he said.

"Each day we receive many letters and oral statements that all require a thorough investigation. The commission is investigating into over 500 items at the moment," he went on.

Torshin underscored that the commission could address Speaker of the Federation Council Sergei Mironov directly when unable to solve a problem in the field, for instance when the police medical experts needed special equipment urgently.

On Thursday, the lawmakers also met with North Ossetian security agents, Beslan-based Interior Ministry troops; others worked together with police medical experts. Torshin said DNA tests were monitored especially tightly, "for this is a troublesome topic that requires a tactful and delicate approach."

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала