TERRORISTS KILLED IN CHECHNYA INCLUDED FOREIGN MERCENARIES

Subscribe
GROZNY, September 27, (RIA Novosti) - Five terrorists killed in the Shali district in Chechnya included some foreign mercenaries, said the regional headquarters for the counter-terrorist operation in the North Caucasus on Monday.

"One of the men killed was found to have papers in the name of a Turkish citizen, Hasan Umaca, born in 1980. Commandos found five corpses of militants at the place of fighting in the morning. The search is continuing," it was said at the headquarters.

During the engagement a shot fired from a Mukha grenade launcher made a direct hit, making havoc of a group of militants, and for this reason some of the dead bodies are badly disfigured, said a source in the headquarters.

Nevertheless he did not rule out that several more overseas mercenaries may be identified in the group, because federals found on the site of the engagement various documents and identity cards (passports) issued in other states.

In the second half of the Sunday, in the Shali district of Chechnya, army commandos had intercepted a group of foreign mercenaries numbering up to 10 men and engaged them.

"The engagement took place in the area of Serzhen Yurt village. Commandos reported that during the battle the mercenaries were repeatedly heard talking to each other over the radio in the Turkish language," the headquarters reported.

The spokesman also said that the commandos had been fighting the militants until dusk. Radio conversations between the gunmen revealed that they had suffered considerable losses in the fighting.

"The area where the militants find themselves is sealed off, and at dawn the search and destruction of the bandits will resume, and exact figures of the mercenaries killed will be established, " the spokesman said.

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала