FOREIGN MINISTRY CHECKS INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE RUSSIAN VICTIMS

Subscribe
CAIRO, October 8 (RIA Novosti) - The Russian Embassy in Egypt is checking information about Russians possibly being killed or injured in the terrorist attacks in Egypt Thursday night, official spokesman for the Russian Foreign Ministry Alexander Yakovenko told reporters.

Several embassy officials have gone to Taba, where one of the explosions occured. Mr. Yakovenko noted that according to tourist companies, many Russians now spend their holidays in Taba.

"So far, the Egyptian authorities cannot give a precise information about Russian's being among the victims because of the fact that not all of the victims who speak Russian are Russian citizens," Alexander Yakovenko said.

The Russian Embassy in Egypt told RIA Novosti that it only knew of one, slightly injured Russian tourist in the hospital in Nueiba.

Earlier, Elaf, an electronic newspaper, reported that according to medical sources, 15 Russians had been injured. This information has not been verified.

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала