NEWSPAPER CONFLICT CONTINUES

Subscribe
MOSCOW, March 21 (RIA Novosti) - Weekly newspaper Moskovskiye Novosti's Supervisory Board has imposed a moratorium on the personnel-related decisions of editor Yevgeny Kiselyov.

"Given the conflict in Moskovskiye Novosti's editorial staff is dragging on and has worried many journalists and readers, the Supervisory Board believes it necessary that a moratorium be imposed on any personnel-related decisions until the supervisory board gathers for a meeting," said a board statement.

"Lyudmila Telen and Mikhail Shevelyov have agreed to start talks immediately. However, Yevgeny Kiselyov has declined to talk so far," the board said.

The management of Menatep Group, Moskovskiye Novosti's main owner, has treated the conflict involving Kiselyov, his deputies Telen and Shevelyov and some of the editorial staff who supported the latter as "an internal dispute."

Mikhail Khodorkovsky, the paper's co-owner, asked the parties to compromise last week. He also said that in searching for a compromise the supervisory board should have the final say.

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала