"The police will have to interfere if the site trespasses against the law," he warned.
The constitutional committee heard a Supo report, May 12, which concerned the controversial site, alongside other matters.
Michael Stursche, Finnish national, is determined to revive the Chechen separatist site on his server after it was banned, October last, he recently said in an interview with a local media outlet.
He intends to use the site for money collections to fund Chechen journalists and promote information exchanges, he added. The money will go to Chechen independence fighters, whose mouthpiece the site is, though information remains its chief goal, said the interviewee.
His intention earned comments from Prime Minister Matti Vanhanen, who warned, last week, that Justice Ministry and police experts would be checking the site if it reopened in Finland.
"This is a free country. It has no preliminary censorship-but every website is to keep within legal limits," said the Premier.
"It is outside government competence to evaluate legal compliance of website contents. It will be up to the Justice Ministry and police," he added.
The Caucasus Center held out a mere several days on the Stursche server before the Supo banned it, October.
Russia's Foreign Ministry made repeated public statements to denounce the notorious site. Erkki Tuomioja, Finland's Foreign Minister, shares its opinion. The Caucasus Center is openly calling for violence, and such sites as that are not to be tolerated, he said, October last.
