* The President Hotel will host a session of the top-level group on the Common Economic Space formation. Industry and Energy Minister Viktor Khristenko will head the Russian delegation.
* The Education and Science Ministry will host a roundtable on the draft strategy of the development of science and innovations until 2010 (10:00 a.m.).
* Parliament's upper house, the Federation Council, will host:
- a conference on Russia's food and ecological security (11:00 a.m.).
- a session of the upper chamber's council for disabled people (3:00 p.m.).
* The parliament's lower house, the State Duma, will hold a session (10:00 a.m.).
* The Russian Supreme Arbitration Court will host a plenary session of the CIS Economic Council (10:00 a.m.).
* Chechen President Alu Alkhanov will give a news conference on the first anniversary of his presidency, the situation in Chechnya and the North Caucasus and upcoming parliamentary elections in Chechnya (12:00 p.m.).
* The Moscow Bar Association will consider the Russian Prosecutor General's Office request to disbar Mikhail Khodorkovsky's lawyers Anton Drel, Denis Dyatlev and Yelena Levina.
* The New Moscow project proposing to remove casinos located outside the city ring road will be presented (12:00 p.m.).
* A civil funeral for academician Alexander Yakovlev, a key perestroika figure, will take place at the presidium of the Russian Academy of Sciences (11:30 a.m.).
* The legislature of the Chukotka autonomous district will consider incumbent governor Roman Abramovich's candidacy, proposed by President Vladimir Putin, for a second term as Chukotka's governor.
* Russian Transport Minister Igor Levitin will visit Perm to discuss the development of the local transport infrastructure and attend the opening of a new bridge across the Kama River.
* Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov will leave Turkmenistan and arrive in Uzbekistan.
* A two-day international seminar on Russian language and culture studies in Europe will open. Scholars from Russia, Finland, Sweden, Germany, Hungary, Bulgaria, Poland, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia will attend.
* A symposium on the 20th anniversary of the perestroika will be held. Former Soviet and U.S. Presidents Mikhail Gorbachev and Bill Clinton and former U.S. State Secretary Colin Powell will deliver main reports.
* Nigeria's Federal Court will hear the case of Russian sailors accused of oil smuggling.
* Three-day celebrations of the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar will open in Britain.
RIA Novosti holds the copyright to all its published materials. Reference to RIA Novosti is mandatory upon any republication of its materials.