STRELNA, July 16 (RIA Novosti) - G8 leaders said Sunday they supported the Iran-6 decision to return the Iranian nuclear file to the UN Security Council and urged Tehran to respond to incentives made June 6.
The decision to return Iran's nuclear file to the UN Security Council was made by the foreign ministers of Germany, China, Russia, Britain, France and the U.S. in Paris July 12, and G8 leaders said they expected Iran to give a positive response to Iran-6 proposals.
Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said Iran would respond to the Iran-6 incentives by August 22.
The international mediators have said that a lack of reply or a negative reply would lead to the UN Security Council resuming work on an Iran resolution, which had been frozen to enable negotiations with Iran.
