NAZRAN, October 13 (RIA Novosti) - A group of unidentified assailants opened fire on a mobile communications relay station in the North Caucasus republic of Ingushetia, a local police source said Friday.
"The attack occurred last night in the Alkiyevsky district [of the capital, Nazran]," the source said. "Unidentified assailants opened fire from automatic weapons at a relay station and then fled the scene."
No casualties were reported and police launched a search for attackers.
According to the preliminary investigation, the attack could have been either an act of hooliganism or an attempt to thwart competition.
Last year, three relay stations belonging to Russia's MegaFon and Beeline mobile operators were blown up in a series of attacks in the capital of the North Caucasus republic and its environs.
