* Ukraine's President Viktor Yushchenko dismissed Valeriy Pshenichny from the post of Ukrainian Constitutional Court judge "over oath violation"
* Estonia's Foreign Ministry filed a note of protest with Russia over the situation around the Baltic state's embassy in Moscow
* RenTV anchor Marianna Maksimovskaya said protesters from the pro-Kremlin Nashi movement did not allow a correspondent to enter the Estonian embassy in Moscow to obtain a visa
* Ukraine's parliament adopted a resolution on simultaneous early parliamentary and presidential elections
* A policeman was shot dead 30 minutes after midnight as a police patrol stopped three people to check their IDs in southern Moscow, a Moscow police spokesman said
* Pope Benedict XVI and Ukrainian President Viktor Yushchenko will meet May 7 in the Vatican, the Holy See press service said
* The lower house of Russia's parliament said the government had submitted a draft federal budget for 2008-2010 to the State Duma