- Sputnik International
Russia
The latest news and stories from Russia. Stay tuned for updates and breaking news on defense, politics, economy and more.

All 4 victims of Moscow multi-story car park collapse rescued

© RIA Novosti . Iliya Pitalev / Go to the mediabankНа месте обрушения подземной парковки в Москве
На месте обрушения подземной парковки в Москве - Sputnik International
Subscribe
All four people trapped in the rubble of a multi-story car park that collapsed in central Moscow on Thursday morning have been rescued, an emergencies official said.

MOSCOW, September 3 (RIA Novosti) - All four people trapped in the rubble of a multi-story car park that collapsed in central Moscow on Thursday morning have been rescued, an emergencies official said.

Emergencies officials earlier said three people were rescued and hospitalized with injuries and one was still trapped after the accident on Kozhevnicheskaya Street near the Garden Ring in southern Moscow.

"There are no more people under the rubble," Yevgeny Bobylev said adding the four, all Belarusian nationals, had been hospitalized with injuries.

Some 600 sq m of the car park collapsed. The street has been closed for traffic as rescue and fire-fighting teams and ambulances arrived.

"Two stories of the underground car park collapsed. Preliminary reports say building code violations caused the accident," said Viktor Klimkin, deputy head of Moscow's emergencies department.

Three people, all construction workers from former Soviet republics, died in mid-June when a building in central Moscow collapsed during renovation work. Construction officials cited unauthorized work to make the basement wider and deeper as the cause of the accident.

Six workers died late last year when another building in central Moscow partially collapsed.

 

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала