WASHINGTON, September 3 (RIA Novosti) - Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, who died of cardiac arrest at the age of 50 on June 25, will be buried on Thursday in a suburb of Los Angeles, local media said.
The ceremony had been scheduled for August 29 but was postponed when some family members objected to it being held on what would have been Jackson's 51st birthday.
Thursday's service for family and friends will be held at Glendale Forest Lawn Memorial Park at 7 p.m. local time (02:00 GMT Friday).
The exclusive cemetery has become the final resting place for a number of big stars, including Jean Harlow, Carole Lombard and Clark Gable.
A police investigation into Jackson's death has centered on his use of prescription drugs and on the doctors who treated him.
Dr. Conrad Murray, who was Jackson's personal physician, has been interviewed a number of times by police following Jackson's death, and investigators have raided his offices.
Murray admitted giving Jackson Propofol, a powerful sedative, to treat his insomnia before he died. The doctor said he had got the sedative legally from a Las Vegas pharmacy.
