Two suspects in a deadly terrorist attack in the southern Russian city of Stavropol were detained in nearby Ingushetia, a source in the North Caucasus republic's security service said on Friday.
A powerful blast went off outside Stavropol's House of Culture and Sport on Wednesday evening before a Chechen concert was to begin, killing seven and injuring more than 40 people.
The source said the suspects were apprehended on Thursday.
"They are residents of Ingushetia. Today they are to be taken to Stavropol for questioning," he said.
The press service of Ingushetia's branch of the Federal Security Service did not confirm the report.
The Stavropol Territory is the largest region in the North Caucasus Federal District, but has remained largely free of the violence that plagues the mostly Muslim neighboring republics, including Ingushetia.
An aide to the region's chief investigator said earlier on Friday several people had been identified as suspects in connection with the incident.
MOSCOW, May 28 (RIA Novosti)