London 2012 Organizers: Opening Ceremony Sold Out

© RIA Novosti . Alexey Kudenko / Go to the mediabankLondon 2012 Organizers: Opening Ceremony Sold Out
London 2012 Organizers: Opening Ceremony Sold Out          - Sputnik International
Subscribe
London 2012 organizers say Friday's opening ceremony is a 60,000-strong sell-out.

London 2012 organizers say Friday's opening ceremony is a 60,000-strong sell-out.

British director Danny Boyle's four-hour extravaganza had only 50 tickets remaining a matter of hours before the ceremony was to begin, said Jackie Brock-Doyle, the organizers' communications director.

"We had this morning, at about nine o'clock, about 200 tickets left. I think as I was coming in here that had been reduced to about 50, so I think we're heading for a sell-out."

The last few tickets to go are among the most expensive, organizers have said, with officials expected to give away any that don't sell to deserving souls.

Details of the opening ceremony, which has already had two dress rehearsals, are being kept secret.

It begins 2100 London time.

 

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала