MOSCOW, August 3 (RIA Novosti) – A team of international experts from Australia and the Netherlands resumed Sunday their work at the crash site of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 in eastern Ukraine, a statement on the website of the Dutch government said.
“On Sunday morning, the team of Dutch and Australian experts returned to the site where flight MH17 crashed over two weeks ago,” the statement read.
The team “will continue its search in a different location as yesterday,” it said.
According to the OSCE, eight of its monitors and more than 100 Dutch and Australian representatives are currently at the site.
“Today 8 SMMU monitors accompanying 100+ Australian, Dutch experts. Focus on victim remains recovery from MH17 in open field near Rassypnoye,” the statement on the organization’s Twitter microblog said.
Earlier on Sunday, a team of Malaysian police officers sent to Ukraine to assist in the investigation left Kiev for eastern Ukraine. The officers, expected to ensure safety of experts working at the crash site, would join the international team.
On Saturday, a group of 70 international experts and eight OSCE monitors arrived in eastern Ukraine to proceed with recovering victim remains. The work was later suspended amid shelling near the crash site.
A full multinational team of 101 experts sent by the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, the Netherlands and Australia reached the destination for the first time on Friday after the managed to map out an alternative route. The experts remained at the crash site no longer than an hour and a half.
A total of 298 people died on July 17 when Malaysia Airlines MH17 flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur crashed in eastern Ukraine.
Ukrainian authorities claim the plane was shot down by independence supporters, while the latter deny the allegations saying they do not have the means to hit a target flying at that height.