MOSCOW (Sputnik) — According to the Philippines Daily Inquirer, 42 more bodies of workers were retrieved on Thursday morning from the factory in Valenzuela, adding to the three bodies recovered on Wednesday.
13 May 2015, 13:05 GMT
Another 26 workers are still unaccounted for, Valenzuela Mayor Rex Gatchalian said as quoted by the daily.
The fire at the Kentex Manufacturing factory broke out at 11:28 a.m. local time (03:28 GMT) and was declared under control five hours later, according to earlier reports.
Earlier in the day, Mayor Gatchalian said that the fire could have started after sparks from a welding job came in contact with a blowing agent used in making slippers.

