KIEV (Sputnik) — Ukrainian Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin said Tuesday he opposed the start of dialogue on possible extension of implementation of the Minsk peace agreements after 2015.
Southeastern Ukraine is heavily damaged by a long-term military operation against local independence supporters, launched by Kiev authorities in April 2014. In February, Kiev government and militias signed a ceasefire agreement in the Belarus capital, Minsk
"To tell you the truth, I am categorically against starting dialogue about the extension of Minsk [accords]," Klimkin said in an interview with Ukraine's 24 television while answering a question about Kiev's action plans after Minsk agreements expire at the end of 2015.
The Minsk deal, deadline of which was agreed as the end of 2015, stipulated a truce, prisoner swaps and constitutional changes, among other points, a number of which have not yet been fulfilled. Until recently the region remained tense with both sides in the conflict repeatedly accusing each other of violating the peace.
Earlier in September, evidence revealed that the ceasefire was finally taking hold.

