WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — The US Department of State confirmed it had failed to release all of Hillary Clinton’s e-mails related to the 2012 terrorist attacks on the US diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, the US House Select Committee on Benghazi Communications Director Jamal Ware said in a statement.
"Now State is confirming it failed to previously disclose all Libya and Benghazi-related messages from the former Secretary," Ware stated on Friday.
Hillary Clinton, who is vying for the Democratic domination for the 2016 US presidential race, is accused of sidestepping transparency controls during her tenure as secretary of state from 2009 to 2013. Clinton used a private e-mail account and server to conduct official business, including sending some e-mails with classified information.
Ware noted that the State Department now seeks to act in "good faith" with the House Select Committee on Benghazi, and is being more productive with the Committee’s requests. Committee members had previously accused the State Department pf stonewalling their requests for information.
"It’s curious the Department is suddenly able to be more productive after recent staff changes involving those responsible for document production," Ware said.
However, the Committee has yet to receive new e-mails it was expecting to obtain and they do not know what to make of this new development.
"If indeed this is a sign the stonewalling and political protection effort that was previously being run by the Department is diminishing, the Committee welcomes it," Ware stated. "The proof will be in the production."
The Federal Bureau of Investigation is now carrying out its own probe into assessing the security of the private server Clinton used, and the extent to which classified information was recorded on it.