MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Western politicians and media have accused Russia of carrying out attacks targeting the so-called moderate opposition faction in Syria and civilians.
"What is happening now, as evidenced by the Syrian settlement, is, in my opinion, unprecedented," Zakharova told Russian lawmakers.
Earlier in October, Syrian Ambassador to Russia Riad Haddad said that the Russian strikes were being carried out against armed terrorist organizations and not political opposition factions or civilians. He added that Russia’s airstrikes had destroyed 40 percent of the Islamic State infrastructure in Syria.
Russia’s Sukhoi Su-25, Su-24M and Su-34 attack aircraft, with the support of Su-30 jets, commenced precision airstrikes against IS targets in Syria on September 30, following a request from Syrian President Bashar Assad.
Since the beginning of the air campaign, the Russian Aerospace Forces have carried out about 300 strikes against terrorist positions, destroying command centers, training camps and ammunition depots.

