RUHEIBA (Sputnik) — On March 4, the commander of the Russian center for Syrian reconciliation, Lt. Gen. Sergei Kuralenko, said that a ceasefire deal had been reached with the field commander of Jaysh al-Islam and five other opposition forces.
"We are members of a reconciliation group and constantly observe and monitor the situation in the town. All armed groups in the town cooperate with us. Some of them belong to Jaysh al-Islam, they also cooperate with the reconciliation group, with military and security services," Turkman told reporters.
In February, Moscow and Washington brokered a truce between the Syrian government and key opposition forces in Syria.
The ceasefire in Syria took effect on February 27 and has largely held so far, despite sporadic violations. It does not apply to terrorist groups operating in the country, mainly Daesh and al-Nusra Front.

