- Sputnik International
World
Get the latest news from around the world, live coverage, off-beat stories, features and analysis.

US Citizens Injured in Brussels Terror Attacks Released From Hospital - DOS

© AP Photo / Ralph Usbeck via APIn this photo provided by Ralph Usbeck an unidentified traveller gets to his feet in a smoke filled terminal at Brussels Airport, in Brussels after explosions Tuesday, March 22, 2016
In this photo provided by Ralph Usbeck an unidentified traveller gets to his feet in a smoke filled terminal at Brussels Airport, in Brussels after explosions Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - Sputnik International
Subscribe
Some of the group of US citizens injured in the terrorist attacks in Brussels last week have been released from hospital, US Department of State spokesperson john Kirby said at a press briefing on Tuesday.

WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — On Sunday, the State Department announced two additional Americans were confirmed dead, bringing the death toll to four Americans among the total of 35 people killed in the terror attacks.

"We know a small number of those injured have been released from the hospital but we’re tracking this as closely as we can with Belgian authorities," Kirby stated, but did not specify how many were released.

Kirby also said that "more than a dozen" US citizens were injured in the Brussels attacks. The State Department had previously stated that about a dozen Americans were injured.

Kirby noted the State Department could not rule out the possibility that the number of US casualties would increase as more information becomes available.

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала