- Sputnik International
World
Get the latest news from around the world, live coverage, off-beat stories, features and analysis.

No One Has Claimed Responsibility for Nice Terror Attack – White House

© AP Photo / Carolyn Kaster, FileThe White House is viewed from Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington.
The White House is viewed from Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington. - Sputnik International
Subscribe
The US authorities have seen no claims of responsibility for the deadly truck attack in Nice, France, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said in a briefing on Friday.

Anonymous mask - Sputnik International
Anonymous Publishes Video Vowing to Track Down Responsible for Nice Attack
WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — The White House believes that it is too early to draw any firm conclusions concerning the Nice attacker's links to terrorist groups, Earnest said.

"There have been no claims of responsibility that we have seen thus far, but we obviously look to that as a potential clue," Earnest stated. "At this point it is too early to draw any firm conclusions about whether or not this individual had ties to a broader terrorist network."

The French prosecutor confirmed through fingerprints earlier in the day the identity of Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, whose documents were found inside the truck used to kill 84 people and injure scores more during Bastille Day celebrations late Thursday.

The driver was shot dead by police. According to identification documents found inside the truck, the driver was a 31-year-old male resident of Nice of Tunisian origin. It is unclear whether he had any accomplices.

 

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала