Earlier in the day, Anadolu news agency reported that Akin Ozturk pleaded guilty to organizing the coup attempt.
"I am not the organizer of the military coup. I had no information about who is the organizer of the coup attempt. I have to attend the wedding of the daughter of my friend. But this morning I was in Izmir, I had some business with the notary. I can prove it," Akin Ozturk told the prosecutor.
Earlier, Akin Ozturk was reportedly detained in Turkey on the suspicion of organizing the coup attempt. Ozturk was the commander of the Turkish Air Force from 2013 until 2015.
Late on Friday, Turkish authorities said that an attempted coup is taking place in the country. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan urged Turkish citizens to take to streets, stating that the coup attempt was carried out by a small group within the military.
The coup attempt was suppressed by early Saturday, with Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim stating that all coup supporters have been detained and the country is returning to normal life.
Some 208 people were killed and over a thousand wounded in a coup attempt by a faction in the military on Friday. Turkish authorities have arrested over thousands of people, including a number of high-ranking military officials in connection with the failed coup.