Two of the vessels belonged to Saudi Arabia, while the other two ships were the property of Norway and the UAE, the broadcaster said.
So far, only Riyadh confirmed that its vessels were among those sabotaged in the UAE territorial waters. In the comments, punished by the Saudi Press Agency on Monday, Saudi Minister of Energy, Industry and Mineral Resources Khalid Falih stated that one of the ships was loaded with Saudi crude oil and was due to be delivered to Saudi Aramco’s customers in the United States. The structure of the vessels sustained "significant damage," he added.
The information on the incident was initially revealed by the UAE Foreign Ministry on Sunday. The ministry said that four commercial ships had been subject to "sabotage operations" near UAE territorial waters in the Gulf of Oman in the vicinity of the Fujairah port.
Norway has not yet commented on the sabotage incident.
The announcements came after the Lebanon-based al-Mayadeen broadcaster said, citing local media, that several large explosions had occurred in the port of Fujairah.