Chinese authorities on Tuesday said that the number of registered cases of the new coronavirus across the entire nation had increased to 4,515, and placed the current death toll at 106.
Authorities from the Chinese province of Hubei said earlier that at least 100 people have died as of 27 January from a new and deadly coronavirus dubbed 2019-nCoV and confirmed that the number of registered cases in the region had risen to 2,714.
"As of 24:00 on January 27 [16:00 GMT], the number of confirmed cases of infection with a new type of coronavirus in Hubei Province has reached 2,714 people [1,590 in Wuhan], 100 people died [85 in Wuhan]", the statement read.
China's National Immigration Administration also reportedly called on people to reconsider overseas travel to reduce cross-border movement as a means of containing the new coronavirus.
On Monday alone, Hubei authorities confirmed 1,291 cases, of which 24 were fatal.
Governments across the world have been on high alert amid the outbreak of a new epidemic first reported in late December 2019.
2019-nCoV has been detected in South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Nepal, Australia, France, Germany, Canada, and the United States, prompting special screenings for passengers coming from Asia at airports around the globe.