- Sputnik International
Asia
Find top stories and features from Asia and the Pacific region. Keep updated on major political stories and analyses from Asia and the Pacific. All you want to know about China, Japan, North and South Korea, India and Pakistan, Southeast Asia and Oceania.

Death Toll From Kabul Suicide Attack Rises to 30, 70 Injured - Source

© AFP 2023 / NOORULLAH SHIRZADAAfghan security personnel keep watch along a street after an attack from a building close to the Pakistan consulate in Jalalabad (File)
Afghan security personnel keep watch along a street after an attack from a building close to the Pakistan consulate in Jalalabad (File) - Sputnik International
Subscribe
KABUL (Sputnik) - The death toll from a suicide bomb attack near an education center in the Afghan capital has gone up to 30, while at least 70 have been injured, a security source told Sputnik.

A source in the Afghan Ministry of Health earlier told Sputnik that the death toll from the blast stood at 18, with another 50 injured. According to the source, 37 of the wounded were taken to the Jinnah Hospital in Kabul.

On Saturday, a suicide attacker detonated a bomb near the Kawsar e-Danish education center in the Pul-e-Khoshk area of Kabul’s western Dasht-e-Barchi neighborhood. The Interior Ministry put the death toll from the attack at 13 on Saturday, saying that another 30 people had been injured.

According to Afghanistan’s National Directorate of Security, the attacker was attempting to enter the education center.

The Daesh terrorist organization (banned in Russia) has taken responsibility for the Saturday attack in Kabul. Earlier, the Taliban rejected any connection with the attack.

Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала