- Sputnik International, 1920, 25.02.2022
Russia's Special Operation in Ukraine
On February 24, 2022 Russia launched a special military operation in Ukraine, aiming to liberate the Donbass region where the people's republics of Donetsk and Lugansk had been living under regular attacks from Kiev's forces.
Stela at the entrance to Kherson. - Sputnik International

LIVE UPDATES: Terror Attack Foiled in Kherson

Subscribe
In February, Russia launched a special military operation in Ukraine, after the Donetsk and Lugansk people’s republics (DPR and LPR) appealed for help to defend themselves against Ukrainian forces.
On 30 September, Russian President Vladimir Putin and the heads of the Donetsk and Lugansk people's republics, and the Kherson and Zaporozhye regions, signed agreements on the accession to Russia, after referendums were held that showed an overwhelming majority of the local population supported the move.

Earlier, the text of Russia's updated constitution was published, showing that the Zaporozhye and Kherson regions, and the people's republics of Donetsk and Lugansk, are part of Russia.
Follow Sputnik's Live Feed to Find Out More!
Table of contents
New firstOld first
16:10 GMT 08.10.2022
Russian Special Services Foil Terror Attack in Kherson
13:56 GMT 08.10.2022
Russian Foreign Ministry Says Signals Coming From US on Ukraine Combine Provocative Militancy and Hints at Possibility of Dialogue
13:12 GMT 08.10.2022
Two People Killed Amid Ukrainian Forces Shelling of Donetsk - DPR
12:56 GMT 08.10.2022
Russia's MoD Briefing on Progress of Special Military Operation in Ukraine
12:23 GMT 08.10.2022
General of the Army Sergei Surovikin Appointed Commander of the Joint Forces in Special Military Operation Area: Russian MoD
11:04 GMT 08.10.2022
IAEA Head Says Will Visit Russia in Near Future, Then Return to Ukraine on Issue of Safety Zone Around Zaporozhye NPP
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) chief Rafael Grossi said on Saturday he will visit Russia early next week and then return to Kiev for further consultations on implementation of a safety zone around the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant.

"The resumption of shelling, hitting the plant’s sole source of external power, is tremendously irresponsible. The Zaporozhye Nuclear Power Plant must be protected. I will soon travel to the Russian Federation, and then return to Ukraine, to agree on a nuclear safety and security protection zone around the plant," he said in a statement.
05:06 GMT 08.10.2022
Ukrainian Forces Damage Last Power Line Connecting Zaporozhye NPP With Ukrainian Grid – Authorities
The Ukrainian troops have damaged the last high-voltage communication link, which connects the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant (NPP) to Ukraine's power transmission system, Vladimir Rogov, a senior official in the Zaporozhye regional government, told Sputnik on Saturday.

"Last night, the last high-voltage power transmission line, connecting the NPP to the power system of Ukraine, was damaged and disconnected as a result of shelling by the Ukrainian forces," Rogov said.

The NPP automatically switched to operation on diesel generators, the official also said.
04:44 GMT 08.10.2022
Zaporozhye Region Gov't Elections Scheduled for September 2023
Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала